"A committee is a cul-de-sac down which ideas are lured and then quietly strangled." - Sir Barnett Cocks
At BodogBrand.com, we believe in doing the right things, doing them with the right people, and doing them quickly. Time can kill an idea whose time has come, and our licensees never get “lost in committee”.
We are a nimble, dynamic, and execution-oriented organization, and our licensees hold themselves to the same high standards. Brand licensees are required to adhere to a set of standards to preserve and promote the goodwill of the brand, but BodogBrand.com does not micromanage our licensees and they are expected to manage their businesses to a standard of excellence and to commit to objective performance metrics, which are market-dependent and clearly defined.
The engagement models for licensees vary significantly depending on business model, market maturity, and brand synergies. Such models range from a straightforward IP licensee model such as that employed in the online gaming space, where licensees simply license the brand from BodogBrand.coms under a defined fee structure, to fully-funded partnerships with BodogBrand.coms representatives assuming a more active management role.
For funded brand licensee Brand, BodogBrand.com typically requires participation on the Board of Directors but does not seek control of a business. Funded licensees typically result in a BodogBrand.com holding a 10-45% minority share position, depending on the valuation and amount of capital sought.
Before considering a submission, you should be mindful that some important elements to a successful licensee or investment candidate include:
- A business plan that is well thought out and realistic.
- A clear vision for how the business will be enhanced by marketing the concept under the Bodog brand, and how the Bodog brand will be enhanced by such an association
- A solid management group with relevant business experience.
- A well-defined niche in a market with significant growth potential.
- An innovative product or service with a sustainable competitive advantage.